Sunday, June 10, 2007

Pierce This Please!


Well, it was bound to happen once again. This Sidetail had an old itch return. For those that know me well, you are familiar with my appearance changes that happen on a whim. Usually, it's my hair color. It's been red, auburn, blonde, dark brown etc. I get bored after a couple months of having the same look and then I have to change it. It's the Sidetail way. The other mode of changing my appearance tends to be more discreet. I like to every now and then indulge in a piercing of some kind. I have had multiple ear piercings and a naval piercing in the past. Since three pregnancies have made me too self conscious to sport a belly ring, I have changed my piercing location to my nose. Yes, this weekend a friend of mine (see her blog: The Diaper Diaries) and I, went out and got our noses pierced. There's nothing like going with a like-minded person to get a piercing. It was so fun! She will forever be engrained in my memories as the other awesome mom I got my nose pierced with. We had to go before our age-window ran out. It rejuvenated us and made us feel "hip" and "cool" again. Even though most days we are exhausted and barely showered moms, we now always have a hint of trendy. If I were younger, I think I would get more piercings but this may be enough for now. Now next year, we'll see about that tattoo...

Here's a pic of my big schnoz (above left) with my new little gem. Can you believe I did something to draw attention to my nose?? Well, if it's going to stick out there off my face, I might as well decorate it like a Christmas tree.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look awesome my partner in crime!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go age fighter :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, did it HURT? I've been wanting to do this for some time now and I'm getting closer and closer to doing it! How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

Amy
mumsthewurd.com